1. It was cheap. We got a great deal on the home because it was a foreclosure and owned by Fannie Mae (which is government owned). There were several incentives with Fannie Mae. We got a few thousand dollars worth of closing cost help and no transfer tax on the property. It's also been vacant for about 8-10 months and they were eager to get rid of it.
2. It has a big kitchen/living room space. Obviously the kitchen is important to me. I can't wait to bake goodies and cook dinners after we get married! We also love having people over and are looking forward to entertaining someday. The space this house has will be perfect for that.
3. It has 3 bedrooms. We wanted to have 2 extra bedrooms... one for an office and one for a guest bedroom.
4. The most expensive things to renovate have already been done. The roof, siding and windows were all re-done about 5-8 years ago. Our septic inspection came back with great results. All of those things would have been $40,000+ to fix, so the fact that we don't have to worry about them made this house an even better deal.
5. It has character. There are beautiful, original hardwood floors underneath the horrid blue and mauve carpeting. There is a lovely, huge built-in hutch in the kitchen. The windows are very wide and let a lot of natural light in. The bathroom has cool vintage tile and a porcelin tub.
It took a few weeks for us to decide. We sat down with my parents to discuss the purchase, and poured over our finances again and again. We thought of every possible scenario that we could come up and tried to figure out if we could afford it. Turns out, we can!
We made an offer. It was accepted 3 days later. 5 weeks later, we bought it.
It was so much fun using the key and walking into our new house together for the first time. That was the beginning of a very long project for us...
Michael worked in home construction, framing and renovation for about 5 years in his early twenties. He is the reason we could buy a house like this - because we can fix it up ourselves! He's been working out our renovation plan over the last few weeks and we started last night.
I will be blogging about our project. I think Jenna Laughs will become a bit of a "home and garden" blog for the next 6-8 months, since that's the stage in life I find myself now. Hopefully I will find time to cook and bake and share those things with you too!
I'm excited to start this journey, and have the pleasure of sharing it with all of you.
So excited for you both! It is going to become such a beautiful home! :)ReplyDelete
What's better than following a couple that I don't know as they renovate their home?? Why, following a couple that I DO know, of course! Can't wait to follow along on the fun! Congrats again!!ReplyDelete
So happy for both of you! That is so exciting. I'm excited to see all the exciting renovations that you do. It's nice that you bought it now so you have some time to fix it up before moving in.ReplyDelete
whoohoo for new house! and i see you got new blog tabs :). welcome back jenna! missed u!ReplyDelete
AWESOME! Congrats. I love house modeling posts, so I'm psyched for what your blog will become in these next few months :)ReplyDelete
Finally catching up on my Jenna Laughs after being gone for three weeks. Also, I thought you needed two extra bedrooms for the children...ReplyDelete
That's awesome. Buying a home is a big move. It's a new point in one's life, a new chapter. I hope you guys enjoy your new abode!ReplyDelete
louis vuitton outletReplyDelete
adidas ultra boost
lebron james shoes
polo ralph lauren outlet
ray ban outlet
nike air max
louis vuitton outlet online
ralph lauren polo outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
nike roshe runs
christian louboutin outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
lebron james shoes 13
michael kors outlet clearance
hermes birkin bag
louis vuitton bags
vans shoes outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet
The Los Angeles based Mora improved to 28 3 2, 9 KOs) by moving forward during the early rounds and working to Han body and head. He managed to land a solid head shot and kept Han (23 2, 14 KOs) off balance by moving whenever Han tried to land a solid punch. Referee Keith Mora Hughes ruled Mora down from what appeared to be a short right hand in the 10th. (Michael Kors Black Signature Purse)ReplyDelete
But we been doing it all year. It nothing new to us, and people that follow us know that we do that too. Celtics fans know we come back from behind. (Small Black Michael Kors Crossbody Bag)The gravel top of the eastern side has cut back, but might be near static now (I am not sure). In general over the last few years the collapse has deepened greatly where it has cut the old Sea Road access, but has not retreated landward very much. By early 2016 the landslide had become more sharply defined and adopted the classic shape and profile of a Barton mudslide. (Michael Kors Bowling Bag Black)
Coach Bags Factory Outlet Online, Treat yourself to two specials for National Taco Day at Tortilla Republic. The first taco is a Jalisco style beef ($14) and offers up slowly cooked ribs and shank meat with a peanut and chile de arbol salsa. Served with pinto beans and fresh cilantro, it one option you won want to miss.
Cheap Coach Bag Outlet Review, I dunno if I've made my point here quite clearly enough. This album is a peak of form. It's got a real nice pre Strange Days feel to it, sorta menacing but sorta playful at the same time with lots of interesting instrumentation.
Bags Sale Coach Outlet, These guys were singles machines at this point. I'm a cool guy (who objectifies women) so I'm going to review all the songs that exist on both copies. Have you heard 'Paint It, Black'? I mean it's SO evil! The guys like a goth, but for real and about 15 years early! And that sitar! Did you know that Brian and Bill snuck into the studio after the basic track was done and overdubbed the sitar over it? And that Brian had learned to play the sitar in about 6 hours? So THAT's why they used to think Brian Jones was a genius.